Pet stores and veterinarian offices aren’t the only places that get infested with fleas! It only takes the presence of a pet in your home or office to invite fleas in. Even though the pet may only be inside for a little while, the fleas left behind may be around a long time!
Fleas are common in homes that have pets, especially dogs and cats. Fleas feed on the blood of animals and humans. Their bites leave a red itchy mark by don’t swell like mosquito bites or bee stings. These bites are a sure sign of fleas in your home.
INVIZIBUG PEST SOLUTIONS Flea Protection Service allows you to make your home safe from fleas and other pests. It is important to note that flea infestation does not only effect pets in your home, but you and your family too. That’s why it is important to call a pest inspector to identify the hotspots of fleas and free your home of the infestation.
Before Flea Control Treatment
Remember, flea pest control requires you to work with us in order to succeed with wiping out these pests from your home. Before our Home Pest Control inspector comes for an inspection, here are some important things you need to do:
1. Take away pets from your home before the flea treatment starts in your home.
2. Sweep and vacuum your home before the treatment; fleas love to hide under the carpets, furniture and bedding.
3. Clear all items including dishes and toys, furniture and bedding; don’t leave anything for the fleas to hold on to.
4. Mow your lawn before the treatment so the fleas get no chance to hide in the grass or leaves when the treatment is done outdoors.
5. Dispose of items that are heavily infested with fleas.
Since the main source of inviting fleas into your home is your pets, make sure to inform the pest exterminator about the area where your pet sleeps, eats, plays and moves around. All these measures are necessary to make sure your flea control treatment is successful.
After the Flea Control Treatment
To ensure that your home is permanently free of flees, make certain to regularly clean your home. Mop and vacuum the floors and clean your pet’s sleeping area, bed, toys and food trays often.
If you spot fleas or flea eggs in your home, call us to inspect your home. We will come in for an inspection and recommend the best possible ways to protect your home from fleas and cockroaches.